I’m Meghan, a twenty-something living in the “real world” working as an environmental engineer.
I originally started this blog because I was feeling restless and indecisive about my professional and personal goals, and needed to try something new and different. As it’s progressed, I’ve found the topics I’m most interested in blogging about are my fitness goals and cooking/baking new recipes. I’m trying my best to make a lifetime commitment to health and balance.
And now a list of random facts about me, because I love lists and I love randomness.
1. I’m the middle child, but I’ve never felt that “middle child syndrome”. I think because I was raised by a middle child (my mom ) and it was always important to her that I never felt overlooked. I’m super close to my family, and I don’t think anyone will ever understand me quite like they do!
2. I’m totally compulsive. And a tad crazy. I was that little girl who counted the syllables she spoke and the steps she took and had to make sure that if her right foot stepped on a grassy patch, so did her left foot. I don’t count syllables or steps anymore, but I know that I have some compulsive tendencies. Just take one look at my closet and you’d understand.
3. I’ll honestly eat almost anything. Except olives. And peas. Blech.
4. I’m the very proud Auntie of my adorable niece Lexie and nephew Thomas.
5. I cannot sleep without a fan. Under any circumstances. And yes, I’ve downloaded the “White Noise” app on my iPhone for those emergency situations when a fan is unavailable.
6. I wish I was a Carrie, but in reality I’m probably more of a Miranda. I used to be a Charlotte back when I was younger, more innocent and more naive. But sadly now that I’m basically an old lady, I’m much more cynical and jaded about things. Hence my Miranda diagnosis. But I wish I was funny and carefree like Carrie.
7. Since we’re on the topic of HBO shows I have to say that I totally relate to Marnie on Girls. That whole scene when she’s talking to Jessa about how compulsive she is and how she seriously exhausts herself with the thoughts going on inside her head? That’s me. My thoughts are exhausting. It’s probably why I’ve been loving Bikram yoga so much. Get me out of my head!
8. I was 15-20 lbs heavier than I am right now for the majority of my life, which is not a huge amount, but it was a noticeable amount for my 5’1 frame. Fitness and health never really clicked for me. I had never stepped foot in a gym until college, and never ran regularly until I was 20 years-old. Even then, I would workout for a month or two, get to a comfortable weight where my clothes were fitting better, and then throw all those healthy habits right back out the door they came in. Something this year changed for me. I can’t imagine my life without exercise anymore. It makes me feel strong, capable, and happy. Why would I ever give up on that?
9. I like to believe that I’m all grace and poise, but the truth is, I’m a total klutz. Constantly dropping things (multiple times) and cursing as I do it. I need to stop cursing so much.
10. I watch entirely too much HGTV. In fact, I pretty much exclusively watch HGTV at this point.
11. I’m totally and completely obsessed with all things 90′s related. Boy Meets World. Full House. TGIF in general. Now and Then. Sister Sister. Bug Juice. Legends of the Hidden Temple. #wordvomit.
12. I miss college. Terribly. So much sometimes that I want to cry. But then I smack myself out of it because I should be focusing on how fortunate I was to go to a great university in the first place. It was a very big deal for my family. My parents never went to college, aside from a year or two at a community school before they had to drop out (because of my sister, me, and my brother). They had their family very young, and it wasn’t easy, but I know they would never change a thing. Aren’t they too cute?
13. I miss my childhood. (And I’m apparently not superstitious because I’m choosing to end this list at 13).