1. I have a new TV obsession. BRAIN GAMES. Just do it. It’s on the National Geographic channel (yes I’m a dork) but it’s SO AWESOME. I’m completely addicted.
2. There are few things more satisfying in life than finally beating a level of candy crush. And I’m not even very far along.
3. Let’s talk about #plankaday. I semi-jumped on the wagon and started doing a couple plank holds here and there, just for the fun of it. But am I actually going to make sure I do a plank hold every single damn day? Hell to the no!
4. The plank police must have noticed my two planks I shared (literally only two) and decided to call me out one day that I didn’t do one. But not the other like 7 days when I also didn’t do one. Weird.
5. If you’re like me and want to work on your planks when you feel like it, and post about it when the mood strikes and not obsessively every day, I’m encouraging use of the hashtag #keepcalmandplankon. Leave me alone plank police! I’m not doing your dumb challenge.
6. I was watching an episode of Full House last night, and it was the one where Jesse and The Rippers release this video. I’m not ashamed to admit that I knew every word of this song.
7. I thought it’d be fun to share some hilarious snapchatting that went on when Sarah and I were in NOLA. <3 snapchat.
8. General life updates: I feel like it’s been so long since I talked to you guys that I don’t even know where to begin!
- I officially quit the gym. Whaaat? Haha, only because I’m moving! I plan to sign up for one closer to my new digs but I think I might take the month of July off entirely. I’ll run outside instead (eek) and rely on at-home workouts, which I do fairly often anyway.
- I’m debating on what type of race I’d like to cross off my fitness bucket list next. A sprint triathlon is at the top right now. I also have the Spartan Race (obstacle 5k) coming up in August.
- I went last night to visit some friends of Matt and I’s who just had their little baby boy! He is SO adorable and so tiny! Not even a couple weeks old yet.
- And this weekend I’m heading up to NH again I think! Just to relax by the beach and soak up the sun. And maybe get a few “real” swims in. I might bring my bike too! I have one—I just need to get new pedals for it.
9. I made some jambalaya this week! It came out really well. I had to wing it along the way with how much liquid to add for the rice so I don’t have official amounts for anything really. If I ever figure it out I’ll share the recipe! This version was made with V8 Juice + water for the liquid, brown rice, smoked Andouille chicken sausage, and chicken. Delicious and healthy!
10. Have a great weekend everyone! It feels good to be back by the way!