Thursday Thoughts on Friday

1. I have a new TV obsession. BRAIN GAMES. Just do it. It’s on the National Geographic channel (yes I’m a dork) but it’s SO AWESOME. I’m completely addicted.

BETA_BRAINGAMES_IMG_02

2. There are few things more satisfying in life than finally beating a level of candy crush. And I’m not even very far along.

3. Let’s talk about #plankaday. I semi-jumped on the wagon and started doing a couple plank holds here and there, just for the fun of it. But am I actually going to make sure I do a plank hold every single damn day? Hell to the no!

4. The plank police must have noticed my two planks I shared (literally only two) and decided to call me out one day that I didn’t do one. But not the other like 7 days when I also didn’t do one. Weird.

5. If you’re like me and want to work on your planks when you feel like it, and post about it when the mood strikes and not obsessively every day, I’m encouraging use of the hashtag #keepcalmandplankon. Leave me alone plank police! I’m not doing your dumb challenge.

6. I was watching an episode of Full House last night, and it was the one where Jesse and The Rippers release this video. I’m not ashamed to admit that I knew every word of this song.

7. I thought it’d be fun to share some hilarious snapchatting that went on when Sarah and I were in NOLA. <3 snapchat.

IMG_5042 IMG_5118

8. General life updates: I feel like it’s been so long since I talked to you guys that I don’t even know where to begin!

• I officially quit the gym. Whaaat? Haha, only because I’m moving! I plan to sign up for one closer to my new digs but I think I might take the month of July off entirely. I’ll run outside instead (eek) and rely on at-home workouts, which I do fairly often anyway.
  • I’m debating on what type of race I’d like to cross off my fitness bucket list next. A sprint triathlon is at the top right now. I also have the Spartan Race (obstacle 5k) coming up in August.
  • I went last night to visit some friends of Matt and I’s who just had their little baby boy! He is SO adorable and so tiny! Not even a couple weeks old yet.
  • And this weekend I’m heading up to NH again I think! Just to relax by the beach and soak up the sun. And maybe get a few “real” swims in. I might bring my bike too! I have one—I just need to get new pedals for it.

9. I made some jambalaya this week! It came out really well. I had to wing it along the way with how much liquid to add for the rice so I don’t have official amounts for anything really. If I ever figure it out I’ll share the recipe! This version was made with V8 Juice + water for the liquid, brown rice, smoked Andouille chicken sausage, and chicken. Delicious and healthy!

10. Have a great weekend everyone! It feels good to be back by the way! :)

36 thoughts on “Thursday Thoughts on Friday

1. Megan @runningonjava

Jamabalaya…how perfect for your recent trip! Ok what is this whole Plank Police thing?! Someone must think they’re hilaarious. Can’t wait to hear about the move. Outdoor running has been zero fun for me as of late. Mostly because I wake up too late to miss the humidity…
    Megan @runningonjava recently posted…five things fridayMy Profile

1. Meghan

Eek, tell me about it. I’m a little concerned about the humidity too, but I’m trying not to be a baby about it. I’ve definitely dealt with it in the past before, I can do it again! I have trouble waking up early enough to avoid it too. I wish I was a morning person.

2. Christine@ Apple of My Eye

Hahah I think it’s really funny that they actually called you out. How’s that for motivation ;) ? I took an ab class called “Vicious Abs” the other day and we started off with a 3:45 minute plank… I basically died and have to roll out of bed since I literally can’t sit up. The struggle is SO real!

I’ve been wanting to do an obstacle race too! I don’t see how running could get any more fun than that!

1. Meghan

Haha I just think it’s a little overboard! I only did two plank holds total, that doesn’t qualify as a challenge I don’t think! And obstacle races are the best, I just ran a Tough Mudder earlier this month and it was SO much fun!

3. Sarah

I’ve been stuck on level 65 of candy crush for a week now. It’s killing me! Love the snapchats- I use it way too much, I probably embarrass myself. Plank police hasn’t called me out yet but that’s probably because I haven’t done planks in like a week. I call it #plankaday but I don’t actually do it every day either.
    Sarah recently posted…Live without fearMy Profile

4. Beth @ Mangoes and Miles

I’ll join in your keep calm and plank on hash tag! I definitely have no plans to do it everyday (just the days I work out, really) and the plank police are annoyyyying.

Also, seconding the candy crush part. I’ve been stuck on the same level for awhile and the day I beat it will be a glorious one!
    Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted…June Foodie Pen Pals Reveal!My Profile

1. Meghan

Yayyy let’s join together! Those who plank after a workout but not everyday! I’m also terrible at tweeting and instagramming everything I do, nice to take the pressure off!

5. Anna @AnnaTheApple

Omg plank police?? Jeeze that is just weird. Jump that boat immediately haha. I have been meaning to get my plank in gear but honestly it’s like once a week (and I think I’m being generous there…)
    Your jambalaya looks really good. Good job!

1. Meghan

Haha same here! The only time I’ll do a plank hold is on a day I workout and feel inspired. If I take a bootcamp class for instance that involved a lot of ab work I don’t feel the need to add on an extra plank. It’s just fun to do once in awhile. And I’d jump off the boat but I don’t think I ever even jumped on! Crazyness!

1. Meghan

Haha totally! And wouldn’t it get boring after awhile? I have workout ADD there’s no way I can do the same thing every day!

6. Megan

Yummmooo. Never cooked with V8 before… aside from gazpacho… so good. Hope the move goes well!!! And have fun this weekend. I plan on relaxing, swimming, walking, and maybe a little drinking. Tequila whooped my ass last weekend so I may abstain. Doubtful though. Damn it.
    Megan recently posted…New Kitchen ObsessionsMy Profile

1. Meghan

Mmm tequila! It actually whooped by butt last weekend too. I didn’t know it was in some shots our friends had bought us, and I ended up taking both because Sarah didn’t like them. Yikes. In retrospect not a very smart decision hahaha

7. Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny

nothing better than finally beating a candy crush level. talk about addicting! umm, i didn’t even know the plank police existed! i’ve been doing plank a day again…guess i’m not going to be tweeting about it all that much because do i do it ever single day? umm, no!
    Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted…Thoughts on RunningMy Profile

1. Meghan

Hahaha seriously every day is a little much. Maybe for a 30 day challenge or something, but for…ever? No. But once in awhile as part of a workout to check the progression of your fitness? Sure! I’m all for that. #keepcalmandplankon :)

1. Meghan

Hahaha me either! It’s too funny. Twitter is a weird place sometimes. And thanks! I’ll be moving at the end of the month, it’s totally sneaking up on me!

Jambalaya is so good. Yours looks great!

You should have seen my face when you said that you quit your gym. I thought you were pulling our legs. Lol. I hope you find a great one near your new place!

I’ve never seen Brain Games but you can bet your jambalaya that I am going to look up a clip on youtube the next chance I get :D
    Eating 4 Balance recently posted…Holy Buckets of Rain Water Batman (WIR)My Profile

1. Meghan

Thanks! It came out really well, I’m so glad I made my own version. It was really easy and made a tonnnn of food. I froze half and already can’t wait to dig into it! And yes, Brain games, check it out! I think it’s also on demand if you have comcast/cox/verizon!

9. Caitlin

Ugh i hate those stupid plank police. They called me out randomly like you and made me not want to do planks anymore haha. I hope you have a wonderful weekend relaxing, girl!
    Caitlin recently posted…Fun Facts FridayMy Profile

1. Meghan

Haha! oh no! Don’t let them make you not want to plank! Let’s just stop using their silly hashtag. #keepcalmandplankon whenever you damn well feel like it :)

1. Meghan

Oh I know, the higher levels scare me! I haven’t had too much time to play this week unfortunately. But my weekend is looking fairly open so you know what i’ll be doing! haha

10. Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes

I LOVE FULL HOUSE AND UNCLE JESSE!! Literally one of my favorite shows ever. And yeah, those plank police are annoying. A few months ago, I would sporadically tweet my #plankaday workouts or whatever, and whenever I didn’t post anything, they were on me. I sort of just ignored them until they left me alone? Lol.
    Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted…Huma Chia Energy Gel ReviewMy Profile

1. Meghan

Haha I’m sure they’ll realize soon enough that I am totally not doing their challenge. They just called me out again and said something like “don’t go 3 days without plankaday!” And I responded with “I think it’s been 7 days now :) ” hahaha. Hopefully they catch my drift!

11. Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

Freaking candy crush has crushed my soul. I have been stuck on the same level for a week now, I actually had a dream about it last night.

Moving on…

The plank police would piss me off! UGH! Sorry, not obsessive, they would be calling me out every damn day. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted…Diet to Go – Round 2My Profile

12. Khushboo

Haha I couldn’t help but laugh at “plank police” – clearly they have their knickers in a twist ;) ! I’ve been gym-less for the past month and I can assure you that it’s much easier than you think to stay fit without one! I’ve found myself having to get more creative with workouts (e.g. climbing up 15 floors x 4) but one thing’s for sure- it sure keeps things exciting :) !
    Khushboo recently posted…My yoga experience…My Profile