I’ve been holding out on you guys way too long not sharing this recipe. I’m very truly sorry for that because this has got to be my favorite banana bread I’ve ever made.
It’s deliciously sweet, coconutty, chocolatey, and super rich and moist. <—hate that word but I had to use it.
I’m a little bit obsessed with it. I froze a good amount and have been rationing it by eating a piece almost every day. I don’t want this banana bread to end you guys. When it does I know I’ll have to make another. Even though there’s about a thousand banana bread recipes I’ve been pinning lately. Those can wait.
I need this banana bread now.
Gluten Free Coconut Banana Bread
Adapted from How Sweet Eats. Makes one 9 x 5 loaf.
For the Bread
1 cup + 2 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
Heaping 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
4 bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla extract
~1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Streusel Topping
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut (I used sweetened)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. Combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar until smooth. There should be very few lumps. Add in coconut milk and melted coconut oil, whisking until combined.
4. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and give it one final stir.
6. Pour batter in the greased loaf pan and spread the top out evenly.
7. Combine all of the streusel ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands or a fork until butter is easily dispersed. The mixture should be crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the banana bread batter.
8. Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and set in the oven. Bake for 75-85 minutes, or until the center is set. If the streusel begins to brown, tent the bread with aluminum foil.
9. Remove and let cool for at least 1-2 hours before cutting.
A delicious banana bread recipe just in time for the weekend, right? Get to baking!
Have a great weekend everyone! Talk to you all soon!