1. Do you ever take a step back, look at your life, and suddenly realize you’re a grown-up? Me and my sister were talking about this the other week. We don’t feel like grown-ups, yet somehow we’re the ones driving the car down to Virginia. We’re stopping because we need coffee. We’re making sure the kids eat something. We’re breaking up fights in the back seat. Those all sound like things my parents do, not me. Sigh.
2. I discovered a new gluten-free product at the grocery store the other day! At least, I think it’s pretty new. Snyder’s GF pretzels. They were really good! Now I can have one of my favorite snacks again: pretzels + peanut butter. Mmmm.
3. I started Week 2 of Ripped in 30 earlier this week and was quickly reminded of how hard that workout is. Two full minutes of cardio in plank position (30 seconds of plank jacks, 30 seconds of mountain climbers, repeat). Dear Lord that is hard.
4. For some reason doing just 5-10 minutes on the rowing machine makes me feel like a total badass. Anyone else?
5. I got to do some more last minute traveling for work this week! Not quite as exciting as my trip to San Diego, but still pretty fun. I flew down to Philadelphia last night, and I’ll be flying back to Providence later tonight. Readers: any great recommendations for food while I’m down here?
6. Juggling workouts and training for a race is definitely a challenge when I have to travel for work. I managed to get to the gym for a nice sweaty treadmill run before I flew out last night though.
7. Speaking of running, I’m taking Olive to Run’s May challenge Run Free for Me, so on Tuesday night I went for a run without my Garmin. I have absolutely no idea how far I ran or how fast I went, and it felt great. Well—not knowing my pace was great. The run itself was okay. In true New England fashion the weather jumped from the low 50’s to the mid 70’s—no middle ground to speak of. It takes awhile for my body to adjust. I’m a winter runner for sure.
8. This past weekend when I was hanging out with my little cousin Emma, we busted out one of my absolute favorite childhood toys: American Girl Dolls. I still want all-the-things whenever I browse through those catalogs. So adorable!
9. I wish this was my life.
10. My local Trader Joe’s hasn’t been carrying almond butter for at least a month now. This baby was a site for sore eyes the other day.
Happy Thursday friends!
Questions: When was the last time you went for a run without knowing the time/distance? What new foods/products have you tried lately?