1. I have to say, I loved reading all of your comments on yesterday’s post! What a relief to find out that I’m not alone. I was surprised by how many of you have gone through something similar. Seriously so comforting to read
2. Logan has a girlfriend!! Look at them holding paws! He’s growing up too fast
3. I haven’t mentioned it much on the blog, but I’ve obviously been watching Season 2 of Girls and just caught up with the finale this weekend. Favorite quote ever from Shosh: “There is nobody else! Especially not an adult male blond! You know me better than that!” –DIED laughing.
4. My planner came in! I’m obsessed with it.
5. I went for a 3 mile run after work yesterday and it felt easier than last week, even though I was running at basically the same pace. My splits were something like 8:48, 9:21, and 9:16. Nice to see improvement!
6. I definitely missed having these views though…
But Providence is beautiful too in its own way.
7. While we’re on the topic of fitness, let’s talk about how I got strength workouts in on vacation without my beloved Jillian. I’m a little impaired in the fitness-lingo department…deadlift? Row? Press? Lateral raise? Come again? Even with my very limited knowledge/memory, I came up with something to do:
I completed the circuit as fast as I could with as little rest as possible, and finished in about 15 minutes using two 20-lb dumbbells for the squats. My arms were burning by the end! And I was definitely cursing the planks.
8. I’ve become completely obsessed with putting plain Greek yogurt in my pasta sauce. Almost every night this week…
9. Also in the food department this week, I had a bit of a recipe fail. I tried to make the Fitnessista’s peanut butter cup amazeballs and well…
Fail. I was lazy and tried to skip the whole food processor step. Apparently that’s really important.
10. It’s Easter this weekend! I’m so excited to BAKE! My mom put me in charge of whatever dessert I want to bring and I’m having a lot of trouble narrowing it down. Carrot cake cupcakes or hummingbird cupcakes? Monster cookies or cowgirl cookies? Oh and I definitely want to make homemade Reese’s eggs! I’ll be sure to Instagram along the way and share any particularly awesome recipes next week.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Questions: Any epic recipe fails for you lately? How do you get strength workouts in on vacation?