Versatile and Sweet

Hi everyone! I hope this Tuesday is treating you all well :)

I don’t have too much to update you guys on. Since I was away all weekend, I used last night as my errands/laundry day to catch up on things. Nothing worth sharing, I promise.

So anyway, today seems like the perfect day to catch up with a few blogging awards. Brooke over at Wrecking Routine nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award and I was so honored and thrilled! Thanks again Brooke. Everyone make sure to check out her blog, there’s lots of great info about breaking out of boring workout routines and mixing things up!

versatile-blogger
Onto this award. I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself, but since I’ve shared a lot of random facts about myself in the past, I thought I’d mix things up and share 7 things from this weekend. Here we go!

1. Matt snowboards and is 12 years-old inside so naturally he decided to go off all the crazy jumps. He hit this one (below) the wrong way and pretty much destroyed his shin by slamming into the rail. Did he stop after that and ice it? Nope. Because he’s crazy.

crazy

(source)

2. Matt and his friends make a signature cocktail they call Jeffery Jar that we all drank this weekend. It’s essentially straight tequila with lemons and limes mixed in. I drank a good amount during the Pats game (still sad :( )

3. I bruised beneath my finger nail by trying to break an exceptionally hard cookie in half. I’m not making this up.

4. Everyone ordered pizza and sandwiches for dinner both nights while I was stuck ordering salad. I hate you gluten allergy, I really hate you.

5. A lady complimented me on my cute top in the lodge one day. I thanked her and told her she could still grab them for super cheap at Old Navy (I was wearing the purple one at the time).

6. I’m a pretty conservative skier, so I was proud of myself for going over a couple (small) jumps and actually landing a rail! Nothing crazy at 90 degrees, it was wide enough so that skiers could just go straight.

7. I tried to get a picture of Matt when we were going up the lift, and this is what happened after I said “smile”!

He hates me in this picture. But then he’s always saying how there’s hardly any pictures of us! Well duh, this is why.

My nominations

I’m not sure how many I’m supposed to nominate, and I may have gone a little overboard but here we go:

Kate at Quarter Century Southern Living
Alex at Cookie Dough Katzen
Sarah at Picky Runner
Devon at Health in Equilibrium
Megan at Running on Java
Kerry at Totes My Oats
Kaity at Kaity’s Cooking
Tracey at Coffee N College
Amanda at Running with Spoons
Carrie at Fitness and Frozen Grapes
Mollie at Sprinkles of Life
Lindsay at Bananas for Yoga and Yogurt
Jen at Healthy Food and Family

And…everyone else out there! I seriously love and appreciate all my readers. This was my vague attempt at trying to nominate people who I don’t think have been nominated, and who I think might enjoy the award. But if you haven’t been nominated and want to participate, PLEASE DO!  :)

Also on the agenda for today, I was nominated for the Super Sweet Blogging Award by two awesome bloggers, Madison at Eating 4 Balance, and Devon at Health in Equilibrium. Go check them out! They’re some of my favorite girls to read about :)

super-sweet-award-misaki

The rules

1. Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you.
  2. Answer the “Super Sweet” questions.
  3. Nominate a Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.

Super Sweet Questions

1. Cookies or Cake?
COOKIES! I love me some chocolate chip cookies. Or any cookie really.

2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
I went on a brief vanilla kick this summer, but I’m back to my chocolate ways. I <3 chocolate.

3. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Hmm, my absolute favorite?  I’ll go with homemade frosting. My family has to guard their birthday cakes when I’m around. I’ve been known to sneak an extra bite of frosting when you least expect it, yum!

4. When do you crave sweet things the most?
I have no idea, I’ve never paid that close attention to it. I don’t crave them all the time like I used to, but fairly often I’d say.

5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
Well, I’m a self-proclaimed Cookie Monster, so that’s what I’d call myself. But I guess that title is already taken…

images

At least I’m in good company.

My nominations

A baker’s dozen? That’s a lot!

Haley at The Saucy Apple
Taryn at Peace and Pizza
Sunnie at Modern Girl Nutrition
Sam at Better with Sprinkles
Alex at The Run Within
Chelsie at Cupcake Inclined
Megan at Food and Fitness
Khushboo at Khushboo’s Blog
Jessie at Jessie Loves to Run
Natalie at Free Range Human
Jorie at The Midwest Maven
Grace at Practicing Grace
Kylie at Yeah…imma eat that

Ok phew, I am tired of hyperlinking! Haha…once again, consider yourself nominated for this one if you’re out there reading. Because that means I <3 you :)

Ok guys, I’m off to tackle the rest of this work day. Talk to you all tomorrow!

43 thoughts on “Versatile and Sweet

1. Alex @ therunwithin

the pats came was painful, from a fellow new englander it hurt to watch. I think that drink would have helped me though, I will have to join you next time in that. I am a vanilla girl, I always have been and always will be. for some reason chocolate just doesn’t do it for me. Thanks for the nomination girl!

No problem Alex! I know, that game really was painful to watch towards the end. The tequila helped haha, next time you should def join. I still can’t believe you don’t like chocolate, it’s so delicious!

2. coffeencollege

Thanks for the nomination! It feels awesome to be recognized :)
    How ironic that I was eating vanilla yogurt when your question chocolate or vanilla came up. Guess you know my answer!

No problem! And yes, cream cheese is the BEST frosting. Me and my roommate made a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting once and had to make more frosting after a few too many “taste tests” haha. So good!

3. kaityscooking

thanks for the nomination, i love these things and learning about people! i am the SAME way with jumps i rather just go really fast straight down but if i hit a tiny hill and say a ski lifts an inch off the ground, thats a jump for me lol and im slowly becoming more of a cookie then cake person, never thought the day would come.

I think there’s a couple reasons why I don’t crave them as much anymore. For one, I don’t read as many food blogs as I used to. There was a time when I would read 10-20 food blogs and stare at drool-worthy photos for hours, wishing I could jump into my computer screen. I stopped reading those blogs every day so now I think about sweets less since I’m not staring at them all day long. And second, I used to mentally tell myself that I couldn’t or shouldn’t eat ::insert delicious food here::. I’ve stopped labeling anything as off limits, and it makes me want it less. I wanted the food items more when they were “forbidden”. Now, if I have a strong craving for a cookie or banana bread or whatever it is, then I go out and buy it or make it and that’s the end of the story. Anyway, sorry for such a long response but that’s what worked for me!

1. Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen

Ah no that’s awesome. I’m the same way when it comes to looking at food blogs and such. One of my friends loves talking about food all the time and it just makes me want to eat! Out of sight out of mind for you and me! Also, I like that you say you don’t deprive yourself because really, that just brings more cravings!

Oh my God, I was so scared for him when he fell like that! I was relieved when he got back up and seemed to be ok. He told me later that “he always does stuff like that” and it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Oh cool, sounds like I have lots to look forward to! haha

Thanks for the shoutout, hun!
    I did virtually the same thing as Matt when I was snowboarding once, and although it didn’t hurt right away, I was completely wrecked a few days after that. Hope he’s not limping too badly! And I’m definitely with you on the cookies vs. cake debate. Cake is fine for special occasions, but cookies are perfect on an everyday basis.

He was fine the day after…and I haven’t heard otherwise since. I’m hoping he’s still ok, although I can’t see how he wouldn’t at least have a really bad bruise. He’s nuts! And I agree, cookies are perfect for your average Tuesday, much easier to bake too since there’s no need to fuss with cake and frosting.

Ugh, I know it. I was never allergic to it growing up, and it’s so hard to be the only one unable to eat the yummy pizza! You’d think I’d be used to it by now, but no. I still miss pizza.

Thanks girl!!! I love all your fun facts about skiing!! They’re so… fun? ;) I don’t do crazy stuff when I’m skiing. I’m a play-it-safe and use the mountain kind of girl haha I’m afraid of getting hurt!!

I’m the same! I don’t ski as fast as most of my friends, and I like to always be in control. Falling is no fun! My general rule is to always be able to stop pretty quickly if I need to.

Thanks for the nomination! I totally sympathize with the bruised nail. I’ve actually cut myself before on ice cubes when I tried to break them apart. Life is dangerous! ;)

7. Chelsie S

Thanks for the nomination, girl!! I’m allll over that vanilla too, unless it’s eating pure chocolate.
    And Matt kind of reminds me of Chandler in the Friends episode with the engagement pictures. ;)

hahaha! He totally reminds me of Chandler in that episode too! It was on Nick at Nite the other night actually…I think the only way I’ll get a good picture of him is if he doesn’t think I’m taking one.

8. bananasforyogaandyogurt

Thank you so much for your nomination! It really means a ton since I’m new to the blogging world! Congratulations on the Super Sweet Blogging Award! I can’t wait to check out the blogs that you nominated!

On an ending note, I’m definitely all for the chocolate!

9. Khushboo Thadani

Thanks for the shout-out, Meghan…really appreciate it :D ! It’s 9 am and I’m suddenly craving dessert like nobody’s business…more specifically, cookies! Those look amazing! As a fellow cookie monster, it’ now confirmed that we’d get on juuust fine!

Haha woooo love talking to fellow cookie monsters! They’re the best kind of people in my opinion :) I’m craving cookies too! I might bake some this week to bring to the office, I feel like I haven’t baked in forever when really it’s only been a week haha

10. Haley @ The Saucy Apple

Okay, so first of all, I’m super impressed that you can answer all these questions in a day. Even though I like to fill out surveys, it takes me a long time (or maybe that’s BECAUSE I like to fill out surveys). Second of all, I love reading your answers. Third of all, thanks for the super sweet nomination. I have a major sweet tooth (I practically AM a major sweet tooth), so I’m looking forward to answering the questions. :)

I’m so glad you’re looking forward to the survey! They are super fun right? I usually fill them out relatively quickly when answering questions, but coming up with seven random things can be tricky. Picking a theme for this weekend is what helped me. It would’ve taken me forever to come up with seven completely random facts, how do you choose? haha

11. Anna Smith-James (@AnnaTheApple88)

That’s the look I get when I try and take a photo of my husband. The ‘please leave me alone and stop trying to photo me’ face. *sighs* men. I love that you had a cookie-related injury (not that I’m laughing at your pain!) just that I never knew cookies could be so dangerous haha.

Haha yep! That’s the exact look I’m getting. “I will not smile for this picture I don’t approve of”. And yes, please laugh! It’s totally ridiculous hahaha..I never knew cookies could be so dangerous either. This was truly a rock hard cookie haha (delicious though and worth the pain)

12. Pingback: Versatile Blogger Award: J-Term Edition | pickyrunner