Hi everyone! I hope this Tuesday is treating you all well
I don’t have too much to update you guys on. Since I was away all weekend, I used last night as my errands/laundry day to catch up on things. Nothing worth sharing, I promise.
So anyway, today seems like the perfect day to catch up with a few blogging awards. Brooke over at Wrecking Routine nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award and I was so honored and thrilled! Thanks again Brooke. Everyone make sure to check out her blog, there’s lots of great info about breaking out of boring workout routines and mixing things up!
Onto this award. I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself, but since I’ve shared a lot of random facts about myself in the past, I thought I’d mix things up and share 7 things from this weekend. Here we go!
1. Matt snowboards and is 12 years-old inside so naturally he decided to go off all the crazy jumps. He hit this one (below) the wrong way and pretty much destroyed his shin by slamming into the rail. Did he stop after that and ice it? Nope. Because he’s crazy.
2. Matt and his friends make a signature cocktail they call Jeffery Jar that we all drank this weekend. It’s essentially straight tequila with lemons and limes mixed in. I drank a good amount during the Pats game (still sad )
3. I bruised beneath my finger nail by trying to break an exceptionally hard cookie in half. I’m not making this up.
4. Everyone ordered pizza and sandwiches for dinner both nights while I was stuck ordering salad. I hate you gluten allergy, I really hate you.
5. A lady complimented me on my cute top in the lodge one day. I thanked her and told her she could still grab them for super cheap at Old Navy (I was wearing the purple one at the time).
6. I’m a pretty conservative skier, so I was proud of myself for going over a couple (small) jumps and actually landing a rail! Nothing crazy at 90 degrees, it was wide enough so that skiers could just go straight.
7. I tried to get a picture of Matt when we were going up the lift, and this is what happened after I said “smile”!
He hates me in this picture. But then he’s always saying how there’s hardly any pictures of us! Well duh, this is why.
I’m not sure how many I’m supposed to nominate, and I may have gone a little overboard but here we go:
Kate at Quarter Century Southern Living
Alex at Cookie Dough Katzen
Sarah at Picky Runner
Devon at Health in Equilibrium
Megan at Running on Java
Kerry at Totes My Oats
Kaity at Kaity’s Cooking
Tracey at Coffee N College
Amanda at Running with Spoons
Carrie at Fitness and Frozen Grapes
Mollie at Sprinkles of Life
Lindsay at Bananas for Yoga and Yogurt
Jen at Healthy Food and Family
And…everyone else out there! I seriously love and appreciate all my readers. This was my vague attempt at trying to nominate people who I don’t think have been nominated, and who I think might enjoy the award. But if you haven’t been nominated and want to participate, PLEASE DO!
Also on the agenda for today, I was nominated for the Super Sweet Blogging Award by two awesome bloggers, Madison at Eating 4 Balance, and Devon at Health in Equilibrium. Go check them out! They’re some of my favorite girls to read about
- Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you.
- Answer the “Super Sweet” questions.
- Nominate a Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.
Super Sweet Questions
1. Cookies or Cake?
COOKIES! I love me some chocolate chip cookies. Or any cookie really.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
I went on a brief vanilla kick this summer, but I’m back to my chocolate ways. I <3 chocolate.
3. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Hmm, my absolute favorite? I’ll go with homemade frosting. My family has to guard their birthday cakes when I’m around. I’ve been known to sneak an extra bite of frosting when you least expect it, yum!
4. When do you crave sweet things the most?
I have no idea, I’ve never paid that close attention to it. I don’t crave them all the time like I used to, but fairly often I’d say.
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
Well, I’m a self-proclaimed Cookie Monster, so that’s what I’d call myself. But I guess that title is already taken…
At least I’m in good company.
A baker’s dozen? That’s a lot!
Haley at The Saucy Apple
Taryn at Peace and Pizza
Sunnie at Modern Girl Nutrition
Sam at Better with Sprinkles
Alex at The Run Within
Chelsie at Cupcake Inclined
Megan at Food and Fitness
Khushboo at Khushboo’s Blog
Jessie at Jessie Loves to Run
Natalie at Free Range Human
Jorie at The Midwest Maven
Grace at Practicing Grace
Kylie at Yeah…imma eat that
Ok phew, I am tired of hyperlinking! Haha…once again, consider yourself nominated for this one if you’re out there reading. Because that means I <3 you
Ok guys, I’m off to tackle the rest of this work day. Talk to you all tomorrow!