WIAW #17: Late Night Snack Attack

Good morning! Happy Wednesday to all of you! I hope this week is treating you well, I definitely can’t complain on my end. Well, except for the fact that I’m still sick. Ugh, what the heck is wrong with me? Blah!

I’m sticking with tradition today and participating in the WIAW fun. Except I’m actually gonna chat about what I ate on Monday instead of Tuesday, simply because I wasn’t running late Monday morning and was able to snap a picture of breakfast. I figured I’d continue the trend for the day and get my WIAW done early :)

Big thank you as always to Jenn for hosting!

wiawphotobutton

Breakfast, 7:45am

I actually stayed over Matt’s on Sunday night, which meant an earlier than usual wakeup call for me Monday morning. He lives a good 40 minutes away. I woke up at 6:15am, drove home in zombie mode, threw together my crockpot meal, then got ready and had my usual egg sandwich for breakfast.

Broken yolks are the best.

P.S. I made it to the office nearly a half hour early! Go me.

Morning Snack, 11:30am

My early wake-up call meant I was hungry a little earlier than usual, so I had my homemade granola bar. I’m semi-proud of myself for making these last as long as I have! I’ve been trying to save them for work day lunches only, and I think I’ve been succeeding.

Lunch, 12:30pm

Lunch today was some buffalo chicken salad (just hot sauce mixed with cooked chicken and a little bit of mayo) with lettuce and carrots. Quick and easy for the work week!

Coffee Break 1:00pm

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, one of my coworkers treated me to Starbucks in the afternoon. I ordered a non-fat white chocolate mocha. It was pretty delicious, but a little too chocolatey and not enough coffee flavor. I don’t think I’d order it again.

Afternoon Snacks, 4:30

I apparently have an apple cinnamon addiction.

Dinner, 7:00pm

After finishing my workout I dug into the delicious Turkey Veggie Soup that had been cooking all day in the crockpot. So good! Topped with a little parmesan cheese.

I had a square of dark chocolate for dessert too (recycled picture, you get the idea).

Late Night Snack Attack

After catching up on some of my DVR’d shows (Downton! OMG Edith!) I snacked on some leftover spinach and artichoke dip. Partly because I was hungry and partly because it was there.

And there you have it! What I ate on Monday. I think the nice hot bowl of soup was my favorite part, perfect this time of year!

Questions: Do you ever snack on something just because it’s there? Favorite Starbucks drink order?

44 thoughts on “WIAW #17: Late Night Snack Attack

I’m a snacker which is why I run into problems. Hopefully eventually I’ll get to the point where I don’t have to feel like I can’t open a bag of tortilla chips and have a few (handfuls) without finishing the entire bag. Also, can I just say that I think it’s great that you don’t feel the need to only eat egg whites like everyone in the blog world? It’s refreshing.

You’ll get to that point don’t worry! I used to be afraid to buy cereal because I knew I wouldn’t be able to have just one bowl and would end up mindlessly eating half the box. Now I happily buy cereal whenever I crave it and don’t have to worry about that anymore. And I know it! Egg whites are good to add to a regular egg I think, but I can’t eat them plain anymore. I need a nice fatty yolk :)

Chobani’s apple cinnamon yogurt is my favorite! I could eat one everyday and never get sick of it. :) I’m so bad at snacking on foods just because they’re there, so I try to limit my impulse purchases when grocery shopping. (PS – That TJs dark chocolate was incredible!)

Me too! It’s definitely my favorite. I’m not usually that bad about snacking when I’m not hungry…generally only when we have leftovers from a party or something that needs to be eaten up. And that spinach and artichoke dip is good so I couldn’t pass it up!

3. coffeencollege

I love the combo of apples and cinnamon and it is definitely my favorite Chobani!
    My favorite Starbucks drink I’ve had is the skinny peppermint mocha! I don’t go there enough to know about other options that don’t have 5900689409 calories in them!

Definitely my favorite too! Pineapple or peach is probably a close second though. I really love the skinny peppermint mocha too! I usually order that this time of year but decided to try something different. I think I’ll stick with my favorite next time!

4. quartercenturysouthernliving

I definitely snack on anything that is within arms reach. Last night I felt like I was consistently on the verge of eating everything in my kitchen! I order a 1/2 mocha, 1/2 caramel light frappacino at Starbucks. So healthy, I know ;)

Haha I know it! It’s so hard to resist, especially after you’ve just gone grocery shopping and have a stocked kitchen with lots of good food. That drink order sounds really delicious, I’ll have to try it!

5. Natalie @ Free Range Human

Apple Cinnamon Chobanis are the best! Friend, I hope you get to feeling better! Do you think it’s the flu? I know it’s hit your area particularly hard. I’m going to go Mother Hen on you for a second and say, “Go to the doctor!”.:)

I know :-/ my roommate said the same exact thing to me last night…”maybe it’s time you see a doctor?” I’m so stubborn though. I’ve decided that if doubling up on vitamins and rest still doesn’t work by next week, I’ll see what a doctor has to say. I think it was the flu probably, but I’m more worried that it’s been followed up with bronchitis. That would suck!

Not enough coffee flavor?! Tragedy! I’m big on being able to taste my espresso, so I usually end up ordering a cappuccino or a regular latte. The flavored drinks are good on occasion, but not usually what I’m after when I’m hitting up Bux. Hope you feel better soon! This crazy flu bug is just… ugh. There are no words.

It really was tragic! I should’ve ordered a simple latte, it would’ve satisfied my coffee craving much better I think. I really hope I feel better too..I’m so over this constant cough it’s not even funny.

Haha! I tried not to spoil it for anyone which is why I stuck to the one word…but man, you have some good episodes to look forward to! And I definitely recommend that homemade granola bar recipe, they’re so good and really easy to make!

I usually opt for something sweet too! But since there was delicious dip available, I went for that instead! And thanks! It’s a super simple lunch to throw together for a week day, I have it a lot!

7. Life's a Bowl

Runny yolk sandwiches are awesome, I don’t have them enough… Maybe I should try making a pancake sandwich one morning? ;P You can never have enough cinnamon IMO! And oh em gee, that soup sounds delic and perfect for this gross weather we’ve been experiencing!

Haha, I dunno how a pancake sandwich would hold up, but I love waffle-wiches with just some toasted frozen waffles. Super delicious! And the soup really had been perfect this week, things have been super gloomy and rainy/snowy up in RI too!

8. Lillian (@lilsmct)

I looooove snacks – if I’m being honest I’ll admit that I pretty much live for snacks. The crock pot chili looks fantastic, and I’m glad your adventures in crock potting (is that even a verb? Probably not, but oh well) are going so well!

I’m pretty sure crock-potting is a word, then again I approve verbing almost anything. I don’t normally eat a ton of “snack” food, but that all depends on what you consider a snack. If peanut butter straight from the jar fits the bill, then yes I snack a lot! haha

9. Cookie Dough Katzen

Ah I love white chocolate mochas. They are super sweet though. (If you couldn’t already tell, I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth) I also like the pepermint mochas during the holidays and if I’m trying to get something semi-healthy, I’ll get the boring ole’ skinny vanilla late. I haven’t been to starbucks in months! One of these mornings, I’ll hopefully allow myself enough time to treat myself to a coffee! Also, love the hot sauce idea for salad dressing. Definitely trying that! :D

I have a pretty big sweet tooth too, but not with everything. I like a little sweetness with my coffee, not a little coffee with my sweetness haha! I’m a big fan of the peppermint mocha too, just recently tried it this year. It’s so hard to find that extra time in the morning! I can’t blame you, I hate mornings when I forget to make my own coffee and have to drink the gross office kind. Let me know if you try the hot sauce, I hope you like it!

10. themessyeater

Hello! I’ve actually never had Starbucks (GASP! WHAT?) but I’d probably have to go with anything caramel or vanilla :) I’m generally not a late night snacker…more of an evening snacker, usually right after dinner because I just HAVE to have something sweet. And crunchy. Maybe even salty. But ALWAYS chocolately<—it's a must
    That homemade granola bar looks SO YUMMY!!!!

I always need a little bit of sweetness after dinner too! Makes such a difference. I don’t normally snack at night either, unless I’m awake later than usual and get hungry again. Happens sometimes! And I love that granola bar recipe, I definitely recommend it! Delicious and easy!

11. kaityscooking

broken yolks are the way to go! and that granola bar looks amazing! I’m the same way I won’t really want the snack but since I know it’s there, it’s not safe! and good job getting to work early, I love those days somehow the more I’m rushing the earlier I am to!

I don’t usually buy too many snack foods either, but once in awhile if we’re having a party or friends over, I’ll buy it and enjoy the leftovers :) And thanks! I was seriously so proud of myself for being early! I think it makes up for the fact that I was a little late today…damn snow!

12. paprik4te

Do I ever snack just because it’s there – ABSOLUTELY.
    Late night snacking is my nemesis. Living in a dorm room, people are always busting out Oreos, chips, wheat thins and hummus, etc. around 8 o’clock. If I’m around, I’m definitely joining in! haha

Ahh I miss dorm life! haha, late night snacking was a daily occurrence back in the day. I’ve gotten better since then, but if there’s chips and dip in the house, they won’t last long!

13. bananasforyogaandyogurt

Everything looks really good! Have you tried putting sliced apples with cinnamon in the microwave? Sometimes, I’ll top this with a little sugar and granola to make an apple crisp! I might have to try that Turkey Veggie soup this week! I enjoy snacking on crackers and cheese when they’re in front of me. It’s hard not to! I’ll have to get back to you on my Starbucks drink. I begin grad school soon and I am sure I will be going there frequently!

I love warm apples! I’ve def had them before, topped with granola and peanut butter and vanilla yogurt, delicious! Cheese and crackers used to be one of my favorite snacks (pre gluten allergy)..saltines with american cheese was my favorite!

14. Anna Smith-James (@AnnaTheApple88)

Looks like a great day of meals! I love the sound of your turkey veggie soup. I’m all about soups at the moment :)
    My favourite Starbuck’s drink is definitely a black Americao with SF hazlenut syrup. So good. I’m not a milky coffee person so this is great.
    Oh we have so much chocolate in the house at the moment and all I want to do every evening is eat it hehe. So yes, if it’s there I will snack on it.

I agree, chocolate in the house can be a dangerous thing! Ice cream can be pretty dangerous for me too :) The turkey veggie soup is delicious, I’ve been eating leftovers for lunch and can’t get enough! Soups are perfect this time of year.