WIAW #16 and New Running Shoes!

Good morning! Happy hump day!

Man, this week is dragging for me. I knew the first full week since before the holidays would be rough, but still. I think it feels extra bad since I couldn’t take advantage of my weekend at all. Just gotta power through!

It’s been awhile since I participated in the WIAW fun, so let’s get straight to it. Everything I ate yesterday…thanks to Jenn for hosting!

wiawphotobutton

Breakfast 8:00am

The usual weekday breakfast round these parts!

breakfast2

Recycled photo because I forgot to snap a picture. But I had an egg and cheese sandwich on gluten free toast, with coffee!

coffee

Lunch 12:00pm

For lunch today I had a salad with some turkey, red peppers, and carrots.

Plus another one of these granola bars on the side. Love these guys!

Afternoon Snacks 2:30pm and 4:30pm

Some necessary Chobani and a Gala apple with cinnamon.

Chobani

Apple with Cinnamon Snack

Work it Out

I’ve been feeling super restless since being sick, but I’m definitely not 100 percent better. I decided to go to the gym anyway and burn off some energy.

About 8 minutes into my workout I started hacking up a lung. Lovely.

I called it quits after 20 minutes because I didn’t want to be that girl. Coughing all over the shared fitness equipment…yaknowwhatimsayin?

I basically ended up doing this pbfingers elliptical workout only with increased resistances.

New Running Shoes!

Since I cut my workout short I decided to take care of an errand I’d been wanting to run for awhile.

New running shoes! To say that I am in dire need of new running shoes would be an understatement. I haven’t bought new ones in over three years. That’s real bad.

While the guy was looking for my size in the back, I started browsing through some of their super cute clothes.

And wishing I took more advantage of that time I dated a Mizuno sports rep. Oh well.

It turned out that they didn’t have my size in the shoes I wanted. Oh no! That’s ok though, I just ordered the same pair online. Can’t wait till they come in!

sneaks

Dinner 7:00pm

I came home after shopping and whipped up a quick dinner, pasta and veggies (a diced up tomato and some red peppers).

Dessert 7:15pm

When it was time for dessert, I couldn’t decide between these two very solid options.

dessert

So…I obviously had both! A couple squares of dark chocolate, and some ice cream straight from the carton.

That ice cream flavor (triple chocolate peanut butter sundae) is ridiculously good. It’s chocolate ice cream, with peanut butter ice cream down the middle, and random bits of fudge mixed in too. Pure heaven. And only 110 calories per serving? I don’t even know how that’s possible.

And there you have it! I’m off to read and relax for the rest of the night, probably with a nice cup of tea :)

Questions: When it comes to dessert options, candy or ice cream? How often do you buy running shoes?

44 thoughts on “WIAW #16 and New Running Shoes!

Thanks! I had trouble choosing between the black and the bright neon purple…I think I’m happy with my choice. And I loveee froyo. I haven’t made it to our local place yet to satisfy my craving, definitely need to this weekend!

Ummmm I LOVE that you had both for dessert. Seriously. Thank you for saying that. i do it all the time (probably more than I should) but I feel like I can’t because it wouldn’t be considered “healthy”. Well, it’s my blog and my life so I can do what I want. Maybe I’ll start showing some of my crazy dessert concoctions ;)
    Also, love the new shoes. Going into a running store is always bad news bears for me haha I am like a kid in a candy store who wants everything!

Totally agree, it’s my blog and I’ll eat chocolate and ice cream for dessert if I want to! I’m all about the honesty..I don’t do it all the time but sometimes I’m really in the mood for it and I don’t think that’s a problem. And I love going into running stores too…I high tailed it out of there before I spent unnecessary amounts of money though!

2. Cecilia @ My Life Sans Gluten

Love your new kicks!!
    I prefer ice cream over candy, but for me, baked things are my favourite desserts.
    The last time I bought running shoes was in September, and they’re already worn down!! Mind you, I have been in half marathon training since then. I’m going to wait until next week to buy new ones as I have a race this weekend. Before that, I bought shoes in April, and those aren’t worn down yet (the ones I bought in September were prettier so I used those), so I will use those to tide me over :)

I love buying new running shoes! I’m seriously so excited to get mine in. And my shoes were sooo run down. Holes in them and all. My feet would hurt after only running a few miles, so I was long overdue for a new pair. I gotta make sure I don’t put them off that long again!

Me too, I can’t wait till they come in and I can take them out for a spin! I’ll probably stick to indoor running though until the roads are cleared from the snow and salt, don’t want to get them too dirty right off the bat.

3. Khushboo Thadani

Ice cream feels way more like a dessert to me- but I like your idea of having a bit of both ;) ! I’m an Asics girl too when it comes to running shoes! Although I’m sure other brands are great, I’m thinking “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”—> no need to mess with a good thing :) ! And that is probably the best color combo I’ve seen on Asics!

I totally agree, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! I’m a total Asics girl and I don’t think I’d convert…don’t want to risk switching things up and getting an injury. I love the color of these shoes, can’t wait to take them on my first run!

4. Sally

Your “M” mug is adorable! I have a similar “S” mug. :) Soooo glad you got a new pair of running shoes – they need to be replaced often. I get new ones each year and I think they need to be replaced more often than that depending on mileage, etc!

I love my “M” mug, it was a gift from my roommate, so cool that you have the same one. And I know, I really need to replace mine more often than I do, I’m thinking of tracking my mileage better so I know next time I need a new pair. Time to be a responsible runner!

OMG, no lie, I bought the same chocolate from TJ’s today! It sounded good, so I decided to give it a try; I plan to break into it tonight! :)

Candy or ice cream? Pft! Candy AND ice cream! I totally support your decision to go with both :D I hate having to make life-altering decisions like that (and yes, choice of dessert IS life-altering). I have the same trouble with deciding what cereal to have in the morning, which is why I usually end up mixing a few different ones.

Haha seriously, sometimes there’s just no possible way that you can pick just one! And in those situations, choosing both is really the only choice available. I was very happy with my decision!

I know it, I need to change my ways from this moment forward. My old ones are sooo beat up, it’s bad. I’m gonna probably feel like a brand new woman in my new ones! I haven’t tried Mizunos yet, I’ve always been an Asics girl, and I’m afraid to change it up and risk injuring myself. One day though :)

7. Cookie Dough Katzen

Ice cream all the way! Good find on the 110 calorie ice cream- success! I love candy though and all sweets for that matter, let’s be honest! We must be in the exact same stage in our sickness. I’ve definitely been getting ancy and I’m looking forward to jumping back into a workout. :)

Haha! Too funny that we’re in the exact same stage with our sickness! I’ve seriously been so restless after work, I feel like I need to do some sort of exercise, but then I can’t stop coughing! Wahh, I just want to be back to my normal self!

8. Lillian (@lilsmct)

I love the new kicks – they look awesome! And girl, I completely feel your pain when it comes to hacking up a lung at the gym. I’m desprate to hit up the gym, but I’d be sporting the same motif in about 3 minutes. Boo and hiss for the flu – I hope you’re back at 100% soon!

So glad to hear I’m not the only one! Seriously this flu is really starting to annoy me, haha. I’ve been sick for a solid week now, better but still coughing which is definitely no fun at the gym. Hope you’re feeling better soon too!

9. sofitsogreen

Great blog! I just found it and can’t wait to read more. I am a fellow fitness and health nut. Love seeing motivation and good recipes! As a runner, I don’t know why, but I am obsessed with Nike. I have never bought another brand. I know there’s a lot of politics surrounding the name but I am in love with the story behind its foundation. Asics are supposed to be the best though- any thoughts? Thanks!
    SoFitandSoGreen.blogspot.com

Thanks so much! I love hearing from new readers. I’m also a fan of lots of Nike products, I love their clothing and sports bras! But for running shoes I’m definitely an Asics girl. I personally like to get fitted for running shoes by a professional, and test out my options before purchasing. Asics provided the best support for my foot and ankles, so I went with them and never looked back!

10. Chelsie S

Asics makes much cuter shoes than they used to. I remember the old, bulky, mostly white shoes that were their specialty for years. You’ll have to let us know how you like them once they’re worn in!!

Haha, I remember the old, bulky white shoes too…because that’s what I currently have! I’m so excited for this newer, cuter version. Comfort and support is most important to me, but cuteness definitely helps too :)

11. Pingback: Crockpot Virgin | After the Ivy League