I Got Spoiled

Happy Friday everyone! I hope lots of you took time off this week to enjoy the season with family. I had Wednesday off, but today (Thursday) was a normal work day for me. Back to the grind!

I actually didn’t mind getting back into my normal routine too much. Although I would’ve been fine with a more laid back work day. All of my projects have deadlines right around the holidays so it’s been a bit stressful. Ugh, terrible timing.

Anyway, with school over and the holiday past us, it’s time to get back into a normal gym routine! I’m really excited about this.

Work it Out

I drove to the gym after work and decided to start things off on the elliptical. Mid workout, I was feeling extra ADD and decided to really mix things up. Here’s what I ended up doing.

workout

Some hill intervals on the elliptical, half forward and half backward. Then some incline walking, and some run/walk intervals. Random, but it worked! I’m trying to ease back into regular workouts and running. It’s been awhile since I’ve consistently worked out, so I don’t want to shock the system too much.

After my workout I drove home and had some leftover casserole for dinner, then decided to organize some of my Christmas gifts!

Christmas Gifts Recap

Ok so, my family goes a little crazy for Christmas. When we were little, my mom was very careful not to spoil us. We never got toys just because we wanted them, or had the latest whatever-it-was right away. My parents didn’t have much money, and honestly, I can’t imagine being raised any differently. I’m so incredibly thankful for my childhood.

But, come Christmas-time, my mom always overdid it. It was the one time of year when we would totally get spoiled. Even though we’re fully grown adults now, my mom still overdoes it. I don’t think she’ll stop until I’m married with kids or something. She can’t help it, she just loves her kids and Christmas so much :)

Plus I have aunts, grandmas, a brother, and sisters (I count Jen as a sister). They all spoil me! (I spoil them too, don’t worry)

Let’s start with Christmas Eve. We used to have the common tradition of opening pajamas every year, but lately my mom has been mixing things up a bit more. This year we all received ornaments!

Isn’t that so cute? My sister got a “First Born (Mom’s Favorite)” and my brother got a “The Baby (Mom’s Favorite)”. ‘Cause we’re all her favorites of course :)

Some un-pictured gifts were an Alex and Ani bracelet, a new charm for my Pandora bracelet, candles, a new ring, and some money. Here’s some gifts I took pictures of!

A new Coach clutch and an adorable coordinating wallet.

New shoes.

Lots of clothes (just realized I’m missing my favorite dress I got! ‘Cause I already wore it ;) ).

Some random, awesome kitchen stuff.

A new photo for the house.

Slippers (a yearly tradition ;) )

Catchphrase!

The iPhone armband I wanted.

Random stocking stuffers (including $20 to Panera, yum!).

Speakers for my iPhone.

New perfume (from Matt).

And I think my favorite gift was this adorable little casserole dish! From Jen :)

The deep purple color is sooo pretty. I love it!

I can’t even begin to convey how thankful I am to have had such a wonderful Christmas. Not only is my entire family extremely generous, they’re also so thoughtful. It’s clear that they took their time, choosing gifts they knew I’d love. I’m incredibly fortunate :)

And with that, I think it’s time for me to hit the hay! We’re having a going away dinner for my brother and Jen after work tomorrow, so if I want to make it to the gym I have to go early. Wish me luck!

Questions: Do you ever feel like you have ADD at the gym? What was your favorite Christmas gift this year?

28 thoughts on “I Got Spoiled

Wow what a great Christmas!! You got some great stuff, but I know what you mean about being thankful for what you have and getting spoiled on Christmas. I’m glad you realize how lucky you are :)

Wow, you definitely made out well! The kitchen presents scream adulthood. ;) (When my family visited me a few weeks ago, my mom gave me an old food processor, which made me very happy. :) ) So far, I’ve gotten the most mileage out of my indoor bike trainer (which I’ve had for a while now), but other than that, I’m starting to mentally prepare to shop for clothes–Santa got me a ton of gift cards (because taking clothes bake to NYC wouldn’t make a lot of sense) for big-girl working clothes.

Haha I know! I love kitchen presents, which I guess means I’m a grown-up now. You just reminded me that my aunt offered to give me her old food processor! She said she never uses it…I have to remember to take her up on that offer. Clothes shopping sounds like a blast, especially when you have gift cards to use! I’m sure you’ll be able to find some great stuff.

3. Chelsie S

You’re right, you did get spoiled!! But you know what, you’re hard working and understand the value of money, so there’s no way that I’m holding it against you. ;) You’re totally humble, and therefore you get the thumbs up from me. :D

4. Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed

I always have ADD at the gym… good thing there’s so many different things to do there!

Wow, you got a lot of great gifts… your mom will stop spoiling you when you are married and have kids because she will start spoiling her grandkids :)

Happy Friday!

Haha, definitely! I love mixing it up at the gym. Sometimes I feel like I can’t last 10 minutes on the same machine without getting bored. And that’s a really good point! Haha, at this point there’s no stopping her. :)

So many wonderful gifts! I think it’s sweet that your mom decides to go all out for Christmas – things are the same way in my family. We didn’t have a lot of money when I was growing up either, but Christmases were always pretty epic. All of my family (besides my parents) lives in Poland, so when I was little, my mom would get me presents from ‘them’ so that I didn’t feel like I was missing out. That tradition kind of got lost as I grew up, but going all out with presents stuck around.

Aw, that’s so cute of your mom! To get you presents from your Polish family, even though they couldn’t be there. Such a sweet idea. And that’s so cool that you had a similar upbringing and all-out Christmas experience. Growing up, my friends would always have the latest, hot toy as soon as it came out. But I had to wait for Christmas! And I’m so thankful for that now.

6. lmcternan

What an awesome bunch of gifts! It’s awesome that your parents were able to balance frugality with epic Christmases, and they sound like fabulous people. :) I love the casserole dish, too — it’s gorgeous!

7. Cookie Dough Katzen

Oh I always have workout ADD! I’m always flip flopping around work outs and doing things that are fun for me. I like doing short circuit workouts and lots of them. I’d get too bored doing 10 exercises 3 times, so instead, I’ll just break it up! Also, Christmas looks like a party at your house!! So many prezzies :D

I’m the same exact way…short circuit workouts or bust! Seriously, I get bored way too easily, the more mixing up a workout involves the better! And yea, Christmas is always a bit overboard at my house! So much fun though :)

8. Khushboo Thadani

SUCH great gifts…gotta love moms, eh :) ! Although we didn’t do gifts per say this year, I did buy myself a gift (well it was bought around Christmas so that’s how I justified it): a Michael Kors back! Have an awesome weekend, girl!

Definitely gotta love moms :) No matter how old you get, it’s like you’re forever 6 years-old in their minds. And yay! Gifts for yourself are the best. I haven’t had a chance to shop yet, but a designer bag is on my wishlist too!

Haha, Santa was definitely good to me! I was lucky. And I’m a big fan of switching up directions on the elliptical these days..helps fight boredom and I feel like I’m working different muscles too. Win win!

Ah! A Lululemon jacket sounds awesome! Sometimes I wish my family got me a few really nice things, instead of a bunch of random things…but either way I’m thankful. It’s fun to open presents!

I love Easton Corbin too! I’m a huge fan and have been listening to the CD on repeat in the car for a few days now. I love it I think it’s definitely worth purchasing, I’m kind of old fashioned and like to buy random CD’s now and then to support my favorite artists.