WIAW #15: Last Day of Classes

Hi everyone! How are you all doing this fine Wednesday morning? I’m still over here counting down the days till I’m done with finals, etc. Speaking of, I decided to do one last WIAW on a day of grad school classes. This basically involves me snacking most of the day and eating whatever I can scrounge up around the house. Here goes!

As always, a thank you goes out to the lovely Jenn for hosting!

wiaw what i ate wednesday button happy healthy holidays

So I actually stayed at Matt’s on Sunday night, and woke up super early (read: 6:00am) to start on some homework I had procrastinated all weekend. I started breakfast with the remnants of an almond butter jar…

Breakfast: 7:15am

Then had my usual egg sandwich with coffee. Cute Christmas mug!

breakfast

Lunch: 12:00pm

I’m an odd ball and crave smoothies in the winter time. I think it’s because I miss my fresh summer fruit, so I have to compensate with a delicious fruit smoothie. This one had banana, blueberries, strawberries, vanilla Greek yogurt, and protein powder. Scrumptious.

Snack #1: 3:00pm

After my first class of the day, I snacked on some almonds. This is a recycled pic (forgot to take one) so just go ahead and pretend the dried fruit isn’t there. Also pretend I’m sitting in lecture.

Snack #2: 4:30pm

Hungry again! This time I had a Cliff Crunch bar to snack on in the computer lab. Finally got around to starting my final project. Sort of.

Sorry I only got a picture of its butt. It’s prettier from the front, I promise.

Snack #3: 7:30pm

My last class of the day ended around 7:15, so I snacked on some granola before hitting the road to head home.

Oh and! By the way, I did awesome on my first final!

It’s the same class I have a final project in, so I’m kind of losing all motivation to care about the project now. :-/ Ha, oh well.

Dinner 8:30pm

Strange craving for a chicken sausage sandwich with ketchup. I went with it!

Dessert: 8:41pm

I had a couple squares from this Trader Joe’s dark chocolate bar. Really good dark chocolate.

Then I discovered that Andrea bought more of these this weekend…

That handful, multiplied quite a few times :)

And there you have it! I snuck some holiday inspired treats in there with some store bought M&M’s. Not exactly a “healthy holiday recipe” but you know how I feel about that.

It’s gonna be a busy week and a half or so of the final stretch, so I’m off to try and get things done! Talk to you guys again soon :)

Questions: What are some of your favorite “on the go” snacks? What’s the weirdest craving you’ve ever had?

28 thoughts on “WIAW #15: Last Day of Classes

I do the same thing when I get a good grade back on something. Tonight, instead of studying for biochem, I calculated what the lowest possible grade I could get on the final to get a B in the class. Priorities? I think so.Good luck on all of your final projects :)

Congrats on kicking your final’s bootay–woohoo! I had a smoothie for lunch this week, too. The craving surprised me and was definitely out of character, but I went with it. :) My top two on-the-go snacks include almonds and bananas. In college, my friends would give me such a hard time because I always had a baggy of almonds in my bag; need to be prepared for hunger anytime, right? ;)

3. practicinggrace

Nice work, lady! Smooth sailing after that ace! I love bars, grapes, apples, and almonds on the go. I always have a baggy of almonds in my purse. I’ve been getting crazy cravings for Kombucha, and I think I may be addicted. True.Life.

Thanks Devon! You’re so lucky you only have one left! I have two more still, and have also lost all motivation to study. I just want it to be Christmas! Haha, oh and, you’re welcome for the chocolate craving :)

4. runningonjava

Ah dark chocolate is the best! And I love those Clif bars…except for the fact they’re so messy! I crave smoothies out of season, too. I always regret it when I go outside and I’m freezing after! good luck and congrats on your final! ^^^who cares if it was the easiest class?

Those Cliff bars are seriously messy! I had mine in a “no food allowed” computer lab and felt pretty guilty for all the crumbs I left behind haha. And thanks! You’re totally right, who cares if it was the easiest class? lol

5. lmcternan

Congrats on acing your final – that’s awesome! Hopefully the rest will go by quickly and you’ll be able to get some R&R. If there’s one thing I vividly remember about grad school, it’s the epic relief I felt as soon as finals were over. (As far as I’m concerned, it totally necessitates either some candy or a glass of wine. Or both.) :) Have an awesome day, and good luck with your exams!

Thanks! I definitely plan to have wine AND candy when all is said and done! haha, I know I’ll need some downtime and brainless activities to make up for all the time spent studying. I can’t wait to be done!

6. Tara

Girl – congrats on rocking that final!! I love that your prof actually wrote “excellent”…That’s some great encouragement! :) Almost done, you’ve got this!!

And sometimes, you just have to go with the chicken sandwich with ketchup hahah

Thanks Tara!! I know, my prof is kind of awesome like that haha. And yep, I’m keepin’ it real over here with some chicken and ketchup sandwiches hahaha, I don’t always eat the prettiest things!

I just have to say that your dinner picture is awesome. I love how the whole picture is blurry except for the focused-in part of the sandwich. Really cool effect.

Congrats on your first final! Hope the rest follow suit!

Thanks! I tried to make it look prettier than it was (just a simple sandwich haha), I’m glad it kind of worked! And I hope the rest follow suit too, although my other classes are definitely more difficult. We’ll see :-/

8. thehomeostaticmindset

Getouttatown! 100%??! Dayum. Miss smarty pants! That’s so awesome! The first thing I do whenever I get a mark like that is call my Mom :) I love your Christmas red and green M & M’s! Weirdest craving is/was probably egg whites, topped with hummus and hazelnut butter. Sounds insane, but tastes so good! haha

Aw thanks!! I was pretty happy, but it’s a pretty easy class so nothing too crazy. And omg that craving does sound strange! I think it’s so funny how everyone has their weird combinations of food that they swear by!