It’s that time again, WIAW time.
It seems kind of weird to dedicate a whole post to what I ate today (Tuesday) after just talking yesterday about my advice to stop thinking about food so much. Eh, oh well. I’ll stick with tradition for now, and include some random non-food stuff later in this post. Sound good? Good.
Thanks to Jenn for hosting!
This is a little bit shocking.
I didn’t have an egg sandwich for breakfast today. Before you worry about my mental state and well-being, I promise it was only because I had spinach in the house that was on its last legs. I didn’t want to waste it. And the only way I’m eating spinach in the morning is if it’s disguised by peanut butter and banana in a green smoothie. Delicious.
Ok, you can probably tell by now that I haven’t done any grocery shopping in awhile. Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I’ll be out of the house for a few days. I don’t want to load up on groceries and stock my fridge, only for it to all go bad when I’m away. So peanut butter on toast for lunch. And string cheese.
Some Chobani and an apple with more peanut butter.
Yes, I know peanut butter has been involved in every meal/snack of my day thus far.
Work it Out
So there are two different ways I can drive home from work. A giant pain-in-the-butt-way that takes forever, and a much-easier-way with less traffic. I have to drive the pain-in-the-butt-way to go to the gym.
Yea…you guessed it. I took the easy way today. I mean why do I have a bajillion workout DVD’s if I’m not gonna use them? I decided to do Body Revolution Phase 2 Cardio, followed by the Strength 5 workout. The Strength 5 workout is absolutely killer. Tricep dips after tricep dips after tricep dips. My arms will be feeling it tomorrow.
I worked up a pretty good appetite after spending some quality time with Jillian, so I had the last of some takeout Pad Thai for dinner.
Followed by a waffle with chocolate PB2 and maple syrup.
I also baked the last of these cookies (I originally made them Saturday night when I had some friends over) to bring to work tomorrow. Snacked on a couple while watching Love Actually with Andrea.
Some Randomness Just Because
1. Yesterday I paid $2.50 to avoid 15 minutes of traffic. It was worth it.
2. I have a jar of peanut butter in my purse.
3. I watched the entire series of Freaks and Geeks this weekend on Netflix. I recommend you do the same.
4. When I tried to Google “Why did Freaks and Geeks get cancelled” this is what came up:
5. My mom asked if I was bringing my boyfriend Matt to Thanksgiving. I looked at her like she was crazy and said, “No, I’m bringing Andrea.” My roommate. I’m 26.
6. Speaking of my mom, this is why she’s my favorite shopping buddy.
7. I got dragged to Skyfall last week with Matt, and actually enjoyed it. It was a little long, but besides that it was a good movie.
8. We didn’t get out of the theaters till after 1am, and were obviously hungry. So we stopped at Wendy’s (hadn’t had it in SO long). I pointed out that this was our first fast-food stop together. A couple weekends ago I pointed out our first trip to Walmart too. Matt said I need to start picking better moments. I like my moments just fine
9. This song = my childhood.
10. My iPhone battery is apparently always low.
And TOMORROW IS THANKSGIVING!!
I’m really excited. I hope everyone has a wonderful computer-free holiday! What do you guys have planned? Who usually hosts the holiday in your family? I’m heading to my aunt’s this year, should be fun!
I hope my Canadian readers don’t feel left out Eat some turkey tomorrow, for the heck of it.