WIAW #12: I Have No Food, Don’t Judge Me

It’s that time again, WIAW time.

It seems kind of weird to dedicate a whole post to what I ate today (Tuesday) after just talking yesterday about my advice to stop thinking about food so much. Eh, oh well. I’ll stick with tradition for now, and include some random non-food stuff later in this post. Sound good? Good.

Thanks to Jenn for hosting!

wiaw fall into good habits button

Breakfast

This is a little bit shocking.

I didn’t have an egg sandwich for breakfast today. Before you worry about my mental state and well-being, I promise it was only because I had spinach in the house that was on its last legs. I didn’t want to waste it. And the only way I’m eating spinach in the morning is if it’s disguised by peanut butter and banana in a green smoothie. Delicious.

Lunch

Ok, you can probably tell by now that I haven’t done any grocery shopping in awhile. Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I’ll be out of the house for a few days. I don’t want to load up on groceries and stock my fridge, only for it to all go bad when I’m away. So peanut butter on toast for lunch. And string cheese.

Afternoon Snacks

Some Chobani and an apple with more peanut butter.

Yes, I know peanut butter has been involved in every meal/snack of my day thus far.

Work it Out

So there are two different ways I can drive home from work. A giant pain-in-the-butt-way that takes forever, and a much-easier-way with less traffic. I have to drive the pain-in-the-butt-way to go to the gym.

Yea…you guessed it. I took the easy way today. I mean why do I have a bajillion workout DVD’s if I’m not gonna use them? I decided to do Body Revolution Phase 2 Cardio, followed by the Strength 5 workout. The Strength 5 workout is absolutely killer. Tricep dips after tricep dips after tricep dips. My arms will be feeling it tomorrow.

Dinner

I worked up a pretty good appetite after spending some quality time with Jillian, so I had the last of some takeout Pad Thai for dinner.

Followed by a waffle with chocolate PB2 and maple syrup.

I also baked the last of these cookies (I originally made them Saturday night when I had some friends over) to bring to work tomorrow. Snacked on a couple while watching Love Actually with Andrea.

Some Randomness Just Because

1. Yesterday I paid $2.50 to avoid 15 minutes of traffic. It was worth it.
2. I have a jar of peanut butter in my purse.
3. I watched the entire series of Freaks and Geeks this weekend on Netflix. I recommend you do the same.
4. When I tried to Google “Why did Freaks and Geeks get cancelled” this is what came up:

5. My mom asked if I was bringing my boyfriend Matt to Thanksgiving. I looked at her like she was crazy and said, “No, I’m bringing Andrea.” My roommate. I’m 26.
6. Speaking of my mom, this is why she’s my favorite shopping buddy.

7. I got dragged to Skyfall last week with Matt, and actually enjoyed it. It was a little long, but besides that it was a good movie.
8. We didn’t get out of the theaters till after 1am, and were obviously hungry. So we stopped at Wendy’s (hadn’t had it in SO long). I pointed out that this was our first fast-food stop together. A couple weekends ago I pointed out our first trip to Walmart too. Matt said I need to start picking better moments. I like my moments just fine :)
9. This song = my childhood.

10. My iPhone battery is apparently always low.

And TOMORROW IS THANKSGIVING!!

I’m really excited. I hope everyone has a wonderful computer-free holiday! What do you guys have planned? Who usually hosts the holiday in your family? I’m heading to my aunt’s this year, should be fun!

I hope my Canadian readers don’t feel left out :) Eat some turkey tomorrow, for the heck of it.

32 thoughts on “WIAW #12: I Have No Food, Don’t Judge Me

I hear you with the not-wanting-to-grocery-shop-before-heading-home dilemma. My meals on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were *so* random, but I managed to clean out the fridge. :) I’m so, so, so looking forward to Thanksgiving! I’m setting out for a quick shakeout run before tomorrow’s turkey trot, and I’ll probably spend the day cleaning and getting ready because we’re hosting.

Haha, glad to hear I’m not the only one! Sometimes cleaning out the fridge and not wasting food is more important than having a “pretty” meal. I love all the prep that happens before hosting Thanksgiving, cleaning, cooking, setting the table. Is it weird that I enjoy that stuff so much? Haha, my mom’s not hosting this year, so less to do for me :( Oh well, can’t wait to eat some turkey!

I definitely don’t feel left out!! I LOVE reading about how all my American loved ones are surrounding themselves with their loved ones. Honestly, the smiles I’m reading through all your words is warming my heart to no end!!!
    And PB should have it’s own food group. Or nut butter. I’ll settle for nut butter. ;) haha.

3. Leah @ Whitefoot Blog

Christmas with the Chipmunks is my childhood too!! …because my elementary school bus driver played it on repeat every day, every December. Kinda terrifying when you’re in kindergarten…
    I feel you on that no-food-in-the-house thing…mac and cheese, anyone? The meal plan on my fridge says “still full from yesterday” for Friday :P in other words, I hope my boyfriend’s family gives us plenty of leftovers.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Don’t forget to watch the parade! ;)

Haha yayy!! I’m glad I’m not the only one who loved those chipmunk songs growing up! Me and my brother and sister would listen to them on repeat, I’m not sure how my mom could stand it! And I’m banking on the same thing, I plan on taking as many leftovers as my family wants to give me. Any excuse not to grocery shop and save some money. Can’t wait for the parade tomorrow morning! :)

4. runningonjava

Haha your eats look a lot like mine would if I hadn’t been shopping. You can never have too much peanut butter. So Skyfall was good? I’m tempted to watch it…just to give in to peer pressure. My iPhone battery has the shortest life, too. It’s so sad. I hope you have a great holiday!

I agree, you can never have too much PB. And it’s definitely a go-to when I’m running low on food, pantry items here I come. I definitely enjoyed Skyfall, I’d recommend it. Bear in mind that it drags on just a tad at the end in my opinion. But that was probably because it was 1am at that point and I was tired!

Haha I love the “moment” you chose. It’s cute! Also love that you had a waffle after dinner. In Denmark last summer I ate waffles with ice cream all the time and I miss it so much! Have a great thanksgiving!!

Thanks! Haha, I like my moments too, the “real life” moments, instead of the romantic date ones, way more special if you ask me. Waffles with ice cream my gosh, why didn’t I do that last night? Sounds fantastic!

Let me know if you see the movie! I’m curious to see what other people think. The Chipmunk song seriously takes me back to my 8 year-old self, that’s one of the many reasons I love this time of year. So much nostalgia!

I may just have to eat some turkey tomorrow – all of the delicious Thanksgiving food that I’ve been seeing around the blog world is making me jealous! (and hungry) But then again, your eats from Tuesday are kinda right up my alley. I swear I have food in my fridge, but I usually end up eating random breakfasty type things that make it seem like I don’t… Normal people food is overrated ;)

Haha, you know I completely agree with you on that point! “Real” food? Nah, give me breakfast anytime please! But in all seriousness, I swear my cravings change daily. Last week all I wanted was chicken and dinner-type food. I’m pretty sure that’s the first time that’s ever happened to me. It was weird.

Thanks Alex! Yep, cleaning out the fridge is necessary. It makes for less than ideal “pretty” meals, but hey, it works. And we have a great meal to look forward to tomorrow! Can’t wait for some turkey :)

7. Jorie

I’m the same way with my fridge right now, which means some awkward meals today. The worst was when I was the last one of my friends to move out of my college apartment. All my stuff was shipped (and I literally mean ALL), so I slept on my winter coat on a bare mattress, and had one hard-boiled egg for breakfast. Haha. I don’t know why but it still makes me laugh to this day. Have a great Thanksgiving, Meghan!

Haha! That’s an amazing story, totally sounds like something I would do! I have a similar college memory of using up food…I got to the point of dipping saltines in tuna salad and calling that dinner. Ha! You gotta do what you gotta do. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving too!

8. jessielovestorun

Don’t blame you one bit for not wanting to go grocery shopping. It would be a complete waste of money if you ask me.. && can I just tell you whenever Joshua and I first started dating (8 1/2-9 yrs ago) I was the exact same way whenever we’d try something new together. I’ll still do it to this day if its appropriate. Guys just don’t understand I guess lol

9. Tara

Happy Thanksgiving!! This week has just been normal eats for me since I’m working in Mexico right now (and don’t have an oven, so no Thanksgiving feast!) I’m actually at work right now, which kills the American in me just a little bit. At least in Mexico they still “observe” Black Friday? hah

Have a great weekend and enjoy shopping with yo mama! :)

Thanks Tara!! That stinks that you’re working today and can’t have a turkey feast! :( I’ll have to have an extra piece for you. Thank goodness you still “observe” Black Friday though, that’s really what it’s about haha. I’m trying to recruit some crazy shopping buddies now, hopefully I make it out there!

10. Devon @ Health in Equilibrium

I totally pureed spinach into my chocolate oat bran the other morning because it was going bad, it looked funky but tasted great! I hate waste! And I definitely have gotten to the point where the only thing in my fridge is ketchup, pickles and sweet potatoes, so I don’t judge you at all!

Mm, that actually sounds delicious! There are so many ways to sneak spinach into sweeter dishes, you really don’t taste it at all, it’s amazing. Haha, and thanks for not judging! My food situation is still pretty scarce right now (just got home from the holiday weekend). It’s time to grocery shop!

11. Life's a Bowl

Haha love your “moments” :P I was the same way with my now husband- it’s always the little things! We saw Skyfall last weekend and I agree that it was a bit long but D.Craig was looking pretty nice so my girlfriends and I didn’t mind ;) Hope you had a wonderfully relaxing Thanksgiving!

Aw, that’s so cute! Yea, you gotta love those little moments. And heck yes, I couldn’t complain about Daniel Craig at all, he was looking great the whole movie so I didn’t mind it being a little long!

12. Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

I’m convinced peanut butter with every meal is a must some days.
    My Mom hosts and I cook every year. This year I was so exhausted that when everyone sat down to eat, I went upstairs and took a 2 hour nap. Next year, I’ll be enlisting some help so that doesn’t happen again!!!!