Hurricane Sandy to the Rescue

I’m going to start this post with the best news ever.

NO CLASS TOMORROW!!

Thank you Hurricane Sandy. I just read the email a little while ago, and feel SO much better about the lack of studying that got done today. I’ll get to that though, let’s rewind a bit.

Friday

I’m finally getting back into the swing of things with regular workouts! I think I’ve kicked this cold for good, and learned my lesson. Sleep is important! I can’t function without enough.

I got home from work around 6:30, and wanted to go for a quick 3.5 mile run. Andrea sensed my uneasiness at running alone in the dark, so her and Logan came with me! I don’t know why we don’t do this more often, it’s so much more fun to run with someone you can chat with.

Everyone we ran by loved Logan, how could you not?

Hiking6

After our run, we went shopping for our Halloween costumes. True to form, I’m always piecing together a costume at the last minute. I found enough to make my costume work, then went home, showered, and drove to Matt’s. He lives closer to Boston and I had to be up early for school, so it worked. We played more Donkey Kong, obviously.

Saturday

Early morning wakeup call on my Saturday. Definitely not my favorite thing. But the field lab I needed to go to was 10% of my grade, so I couldn’t exactly skip it. Plus, it was a beautiful day so ultimately I was happy to be outside enjoying it.

I got home from class at about 1:30, relaxed for a bit, then attempted to get started on some homework.

Took an hour nap instead, woops. I stayed up too late playing Donkey Kong, seriously I’m 12 years-old again and totally addicted to that game! When I woke up, I decided to head to the gym for a quick workout. It was an elliptical kind of day.

Untitled
My gym had some cute Halloween treats out for everyone to enjoy!

Yay for free food!

When I got home I did the phase 2 strength 5 workout from Body Revolution. Damn, it was hard. That’s a good thing though right? If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you?

After working up a good sweat I showered, made a yummy green smoothie, and attempted my homework again.

Successful this time! Finished my Hydrology problem set that was due Monday. Then it was time to get ready for the Halloween party!

So I sort of majorly failed and didn’t take any pictures of me in costume or at the party at all. Sometimes I just don’t want to be that girl taking pictures of every single thing. I’d rather live in the moment and have a great time.

Anyway, if you’re curious I was Regina George, and it was a pretty big hit. Anyone who knew Mean Girls guessed it. I wore a blonde wig, with a side braid. Sunglasses, a skirt, tank top, and cardigan with pink high heels. And I cut the shirt in the boob region just like in the movie. Fun stuff.

The party was at Matt’s house, and it was sooo much fun. I love Halloween, and all of his friends got really into their costumes! There honestly wasn’t one “lame” costume at all, people went all out. It was a good time.

Sunday

I woke up pretty late Sunday morning (we were up until 4am Saturday night? Who am I?) and hopped in the car to drive home. I stopped at Dunks for some much needed water.

Did you guys know Dunks does this? Just ask for a cup with water, and it’s free! No need to waste $2 on the bottled version.

I was a little hungover so the scene at my apartment looked like this for a couple hours.

Water, candy, slippers, blanket, and my DVR. It happens.

Eventually, I got myself together and went grocery shopping. Then I got to work in the kitchen!

Finally satisfied that baking urge. I’ll share the recipe later this week!

At around 10 I decided to finally start studying for a midterm I have this week until…

That amazing news that I have no class tomorrow! Which means the midterm was pushed back a week! :) I’m super excited about this but also a little nervous, because this weekend is Matt’s sister’s wedding. I’ll be busy spending time with him and his family and won’t have much time for studying. He actually got a hotel for the entire weekend which I’m really excited about. I don’t like to blog too much about my love life, but I’ll just say that I really like this guy. A lot.

Ok on that note, it’s time for bed! I’m so excited about my day off tomorrow, so I’m not even thinking about the fact that we’re about to get a hurricane. Is Sandy making an appearance for any of you? How was your weekend?

24 thoughts on “Hurricane Sandy to the Rescue

As soon as you said Regina George, my thought was “THE BOOBS!!”. :D Glad you delivered!!
    Water + candy + slippers + DVR = necessary and no shame about it! (Although I’m not a huge skittles fan … they’re the ones I’d always trade at Halloween.)
    And I really like that you’re breaking your blogging rule for this guy. He can be the exception.
    Fingers crossed that Sandy doesn’t hit you that hard!! We’re supposed to get high winds, but only a 60% chance of showers (not even storms). My weekend was pretty fab, not going to lie. Too much to pick from!!
    Enjoy your day!! Hope it’s productive. (ps. Hydrology?? Girl, you’re a superbrain!! I love how you study hard but party too!!)

Thanks Chelsie! I definitely delivered with my Regina costume, it was a fun idea I’d recommend it! And superbrain, pshhh not at all haha. I’m barely getting through at this point! But work hard play hard is sort of my mantra :)

Regina George! LOVE IT! That is so creative, Meghan, and such a great idea! Did you convince Matt to dress up as Aaron Samuels? Ha. ;) It’s also great your gym handed out healthy Halloween treats–need to take what the defense gives you. :)

Haha! I thought of suggesting Aaron Samuels to Matt but I knew he wouldn’t go for it. Plus I couldn’t think of anything special he could wear. Oh man, he went as a roller disco man, complete with roller skates and short shorts. Talk about embarrassing! We had a blast though. And I loved that my gym gave treats, free food is never a bad thing!

3. kmichaud87

Just became a recent follower. Love the Regina George costume! Mean Girls is one of my favorite movies! I went to an all girls high school so the movie was kind of my life. You definitely have a busy life with work and school. I totally get it since I’m in the same boat with balancing working full-time, grad school full-time, and also having a life. Stay safe in the storm!

Yay! I love new followers, and glad you liked the Regina costume idea! It was a fun one, and I absolutely love Mean Girls! So quotable.
      Wow, work full-time and school full-time? Crazy! It’s been really difficult for me to balance everything, I feel like I’m still working on a schedule and getting used to it, and it’s been two months! Ah, oh well, we’ll get through it!

4. jessielovestorun

I have so much to say about this post, so here it goes:

1. I don’t know how you do it, but I’d much rather prefer not to talk to anyone during my runs. I know that may sound stuck up and all, but its the truth :-X..
    2. Such exciting news about your classes being cancelled AND your exam being pushed back a week. As much as Sandy may suck @ the moment, she does bring happiness. I mean no classes, no work, hurricane parties :)
    3. LOVE the costume you made up.

ok, have a great day & be safe girl <3

I usually run alone, and do enjoy the sort of “me” time I get from it, but once in awhile I think it’s fun to mix things up and chat with a friend. Definitely only once in awhile though!
      Sandy definitely brought me some good luck, and thanks! My costume was pretty fun :)

Running with someone else is the best! It makes the time go by so much faster, and you can catch up on all the latest gossip! Regina George is such a great costume idea! I bet it was a crowd favorite! Enjoy your time off from the hurricane… I’m certainly using it to catch up on sleep and studying!

I love running with someone else when I get the chance to! Time definitely goes by faster, it’s a great way to catch up with friends while still getting some exercise in. And thanks! Regina was a pretty big hit, I mean who doesn’t love Mean Girls? lol

Woop for classes being cancelled, but I hope Sandy doesn’t hit you too hard! I’m nowhere near the danger zone, but I definitely can’t help but worry about those who are. Stay safe! And I’ve got to say that I absolutely -love- that you went as Regina George. Mean Girls is probably one of my all time favorite movies, and I’m convinced that I’ll never stop loving it!

I love Mean Girls too, as far as I’m concerned I’ll never be too old for it! It’s a classic, so quotable. Regina was such a fun costume! And I’m watching a special on Hurricane Sandy now. Such devastation in parts of the country, I made it through safe but my heart goes out to those who didn’t!

Thanks! I made it through the storm just fine, but my heart goes out to those who didn’t as I sit here watching the news. A lot of severe damage and some deaths too, so horrible :( I feel bad for enjoying my hurricane so much :-/

Good for you for making it to yoga after Halloween! I certainly wasn’t making it anywhere besides my couch haha. It happens :-/ I kind of wish I’d gone to yoga rather than partying for Halloween, does that make me weird/old? Oh well!

7. Pingback: Fall Bucket List – Revisited | After the Ivy League