Miracles and Sunshine

Hello and happy Thursday!

Boy am I glad to be done with school this week. Today was kind of a crazy day.

I woke up early to get started on some homework, but ended up getting distracted by blog reading for too long. (Seriously, why do I have to follow so many awesome blogs? It’s a sickness!)

Eventually, I extracted myself from the computer, made some oatmeal for breakfast, and got dressed. I had my first “custard” oats by stirring in some egg whites in addition to my usual way.

Honestly, breakfast wasn’t that good to me this morning. I guess I wasn’t craving oats? Who knows.

The rest of my day was filled with tiny miracles.

I got to campus around 11:30, and had given myself a little under two hours to finish my chemistry problem set. Big mistake. I quickly realize there is nowayinhell I will get it done in time. Crap.

I open up my email feeling totally hopeless and…::angels singing:: my problem set isn’t due till Friday! WOOT WOOT. Tiny miracle #1.

Except that I work 10 hour days Thursday and Friday in Providence, so there’s really no way for me to get up to Boston in time…Regardless at least I have more than two hours to do it.

Then I walk along in the pretty foliage to my groundwater hydrology lecture and…BAM. Class is cancelled. Now I can make it to office hours for chemistry! And figure out what the heck I’m doing! Tiny miracle #2.

I was able to get the entire problem set done, here and there between lectures all day. Then I hopped in the car to drive home and…NO TRAFFIC.Tiny huge miracle #3.

I’d say overall, not a day I can complain about :)

Sunshine Award

So I know I’m a full week late to this little blog party, but Natalie was sweet enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Award! I was so excited and flattered, I’ve never been nominated for anything like it. It’s great to be finding my groove in the blog world :)

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Natalie’s blog over at Free Range Human. Try not to go hiking after browsing through her site, seriously. Such beautiful photos and so inspiring!

Let’s get to the Sunshine Award questions…

sunshine-award_thumb

1. Who is your favorite philosopher?
Oh boy, I have to confess I know nothing about philosophy at this point. I remember reading a little bit here and there as required back in high school, but that was so long ago now! I’m a math nerd, through and through.

2. What is your favorite number?
Lucky number 7, I was born on the 7th.

3. What is your favorite animal?
I love all animals. We have a dog and a cat, and I don’t want to play favorites so I’ll just say both of those :)

tumblr_m3s73gJ3Wq1ros8z6

Logan as a puppy OH MY GOD SO CUTE. Now he’s all grown up :(

4. Facebook and Twitter?
Blah, neither really. I check facebook maybe once a day, but I find I gain nothing from it. It’s good for seeing how that random person in my 7th grade science class is doing in life. But I don’t use it for anything else really. And I don’t have a twitter account. Shocker!

5. What is your favorite time of day?
If I say bedtime, will you think I’m a sad, pathetic old lady? Honestly sometimes there’s nothing I love more than curling up in a big comfy bed with a magazine or a book, knowing that the day is done and tomorrow is a new day.

6.  What is your favorite vacation?
I love all vacations, I try not to be too picky about them haha. In an ideal world, I’d love somewhere with a little bit of everything, some mountains, some beaches, some nightlife, great restaurants. I’m indecisive! I love northern New England though…

nh-boat-5-29-12

nh6-dinner-5-29-12

7. What is your favorite physical activity?
Depends on the season. In the summer I love swimming (or lounging around in a tube, you know) and in the winter I love skiing! Hoping to make it more than once this year :)

8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Hmm I dunno. I’m actually thirsty right now and all I can think about is water. But I can do better than that. I’ll go with Lipton raspberry iced tea. I used to get it all the time during my freshman year of college, so it holds some fond memories. Plus it’s delicious.

9. What is your favorite flower?
I like daffodils and sunflowers because they’re bright and happy!

10. What is your passion?
Womp womp. I don’t know. Fail. I’m my father’s daughter (read: he still doesn’t know what he wants to do with his life).

And on that happy note let’s get to my nominations! I know I was really late to this blog party and most everyone has been nominated already, but I’ll give a shoutout to some of my favorite bloggers anyway :)

1. Alex at The Run Within
2. Chelsie at Balance Not Scale
3. Carrie at Fitness & Frozen Grapes
4. Jorie at The Midwest Maven
5. Rebecca at Blueberry Smiles
6. Jess at Jessie Loves to Run
7.  Amanda at Running with Spoons

And with that, I’m off to bed! My favorite time of day! Haha, so sad.

What’s your favorite time of day? What’s your passion? Am I the only one who hasn’t really found one yet? :-/

24 thoughts on “Miracles and Sunshine

Thanks for the nod, my dear!! You’re totally deserving of this award!
    I’ve already answered this one, but since then my favourite time of day has TOTALLY changed. It was sunrise/sunset — but I’m sticking with you. These days, it’s bedtime. I find myself constantly longing for it. And mourning its loss in the morning but loving the potential of a new day (which isn’t really all that new because I’ve been going to bed after midnight .. hmm).

Thanks for the nomination, Meghan! And count your lucky stars with those two miracles–what good luck! Although I’ve never experienced a problem set first-hand, I’ve heard they’re tough, and I’m sure the grad school ones are even more challenging; good for getting it done!

I’m definitely a morning person–I love waking up early to exercise–but now, I find myself looking forward to my “grandma” bedtime, too. It’s probably the change in seasons … oh, and daylight savings time will be ending soon, so that’s probably to blame too.

Oh man, problem sets are the worst! I honestly couldn’t believe my luck, I was so thankful!

I think the change in seasons may be to blame for me too. It’s dark usually by the time I leave the office, and I feel like I’m already ready for bed! Ha. I’m sure our bodies will adjust soon.

3. jessielovestorun

Ha Ha, I think that’s awesome you had so many tiny miracles yesterday because my day was the complete opposite. I was praying for miracles, but pshhh they were non-existent. Guess you can’t when everyday??!!

Thanks for the nomination girl. You’re too kind. Have a great day.. well as good as you can w/ a 10 hr work day. Treat yourself to a drink afterwards or something :)

Oh no! I’m so sorry you had a rough day :( It happens to all of us unfortunately! No problem for the nomination :) and it’s funny you should mention it..because I did have a nice cocktail with dinner last night after my long day! Just what I needed.

What a winning day! Chemistry problem sets always take me longer than I expect them to. It’s like they’re designed to be impossible! So jealous that you work in Providence. I miss Rhode Island. So much.
    Have a good Thursday! Hopefully it’s less stressful than your Wednesday was :)

I remember almost nothing feeling as good as a cancelled class or homework extension when I was in college. That’s so awesome about your little miracles :D

And thanks so much for the mention, hun! I actually filled this out a while ago, but I adore you for thinking of me <3 My favorite time of the day is early mornings, not only because they include the best meal of the day, but because they give me some quiet time to just relax and prep for my day. And my passion is definitely writing and also helping people.

Haha there really is no better feeling than a cancelled lecture or due date extension! That’s so great that you know what your passions are in life, I’m so jealous! I really need to work on that one.

6. Jorie

Thanks so much for the nod, Meghan! How sweet. I love reading these little surveys and getting to know my favorite bloggers better. Your pup, Logan, is a total sweetie pie! (He will always be a pup, no matter how old he gets ;) ) And I agree with you on the bedtime. It’s so relaxing to climb back into bed with a book or a favorite TV show and just unwind.

Of course Jorie! I had to give you a shout out. And Logan will always be a puppy to me, I still call him that :) . I love that I’m not the only one who looks forward to my bedtime/relaxation time. I swear it keeps me balanced.

I got nominated for this award too. Don’t you just love surveys! I love number 7. Swimming and skiing are some of my favorite activities too! Sadly though I haven’t been skiing in ages because it is just too far out of the way and is way too expensive for me to make it a regular thing anymore :(

Oh man, when I wrote that about skiing I had totally forgotten about how expensive it is! That’s why I only went once last year :-/ I’m hoping to pinch pennies in other areas maybe to fit it in!

8. boston dumpster service

I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got
    to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way
    of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot
    of text for only having 1 or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?