It was my birthday yesterday. I’m 26 years-old.
My heart just sank about a mile after typing that. I don’t like growing up.
Like my dad always says, “it’s better than the alternative.” And I know I’m extremely fortunate to be celebrating another birthday, healthy and happy.
But is it ok to be a little sad too? I just miss being a kid. Before rent payments and car payments and responsibility and working 9-5 8-6 and grocery shopping and student loans and meal planning and cleaning.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my independence, and I’m proud to be living 100 percent on my own with no help from my parents. But is it bad to miss the days when I came home from school, browsed through a refrigerator stocked by someone else, ate a home cooked meal made by mom, and watched a TV I didn’t need to pay for? Tell me I’m not the only one who wants to go back in time…to the pink power ranger days…
Anyway, in celebration of my birthday a little, I’m gonna share some random facts about me! It’ll be fun to see if any of you relate to them
1. I don’t have a single piercing or tattoo, anywhere. Not even my ears.
2. I only have one dimple when I smile. I’m lopsided like that.
3. I make my bed immediately after getting out of it each morning. It’s the first thing I do for two reasons: a) I’m OCD and b) I’d crawl back into it otherwise.
4. I’m the spitting image of my father and a total daddy’s girl.
5. I’m extremely empathetic, and cry during books/movies all the time. The problem is, a particularly sad movie will upset me for hours. When I saw Titanic in the 5th grade I came home from the movies and cried all night. Don’t even get me started on The Notebook. This quote from “The Unbearable Lightness of Being” sums it up perfectly:
“Not even one’s own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.”
6. I’m not very opinionated or passionate about anything. Right side. Left side. He said. She said. I’m generally neutral about most things. Tell me your side of a story, and I’ll probably agree with you. I don’t think this is a very good quality to have.
7. I’ve never dyed my hair.
8. I share my birthday with Rachel McAdams. I think this is awesome.
Edited to add: I apparently lied? I swear I read this in Cosmo one year but Wikipedia is telling me otherwise! Now I’m sad
9. I love country music, it’s pretty much all I listen to. I’m not talking about Taylor Swift and Rascall Flats here, I’m talking George Strait, Alan Jackson…real country music.
10. I’m wickid competitive at the dumbest things. I can’t even help it, it’s how I was raised. My family is a little crazy
So there’s a little more about me!
I’m hoping to get back to some “regular” posts (sharing recipes, workouts, and daily eats) but my life is a little hectic with my sister’s wedding coming up. Plus I’ve still been sick (haven’t had time to catch up on sleep like I need to) so the gym has fallen on the back burner for now.
Once I’m feeling better and get my life back together, I’ll post more! I may need a few days away from the blog to sort out my crazy schedule. Hope you guys understand!