Here’s a mini recap of my weekend.
1. I slept in way later than usual. I think I was still recovering from Thursday night.
2. I discovered my new go-to pancake recipe (I’ll share with you tomorrow!).
3. I ran some errands…getting a Father’s Day gift/card, and driving (an hour away) to put a deposit on the venue for my sister’s bridal shower.
4. I squeezed in a quick workout (this 30 min intense incline workout).
5. I showered and got ready for date #2 with Thursday night boy.
1. I ate more pancakes.
2. Ran to the grocery store to buy food for a Father’s Day cookout.
3. Made these chocolate chip cookie bars for my dad.
4. Made a pasta salad (with gluten free pasta!) and sweet potato fries for the cookout.
5. Went to my parent’s to enjoy the sunshine, celebrate my Dad, and shower him with
gifts! He loved the Kindle I got for him!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
From Two Peas and Their Pod. Serves 24.
2 cups + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour cookie dough (it will be thick, not very “pourable”) into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula.
6. Bake cookie bars for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and serve.
We enjoyed ours topped with a little ice cream, hot fudge, walnuts, and whipped cream! Perfect Father’s Day dessert!